Week #4 Liberty I am so grateful for liberty and the blessings it has provided me and my family. Recently Scott and I were talking about the current status of our nation. Scott was hopeful and I was feeling quite, well, hopeless. I expressed to him that I am not pleased with the man that the citizens of this nation elected for President, he has some dangerous ideas. The scary part isn't so much that he is our president the scary part is that we elected him. The majority has spoken. So what is one left to do? This America that I have always loved, a country that was founded on true principles by a people that were God fearing and courageous, still exists.
Thomas Jefferson said, "Convinced that the people are the only safe depositories of their own liberty, and that they are not safe unless enlightened to a certain degree, I have looked on our present state of liberty as a short-lived possession unless the mass of the people could be informed to a certain degree."
So what can I do? I can teach my children the principles of liberty, I can help create that same patriotism in their hearts. Then one day they will understand the blessings of true liberty and the responsibility to preserve it.

No comments:
Post a Comment