Words to live by

"Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future." Gail Lumet Buckley

Thursday, February 5, 2009

My sweet boy


Kids really have an impact on how you feel about yourself. I remember about a year ago, Camden told me I looked like Shrek. When someone tells you you remind him of a giant, green, ogre, it's not a feel good about yourself day or year for that matter. For about a full week after that, I continually asked Scott if he promised there was no resemblance between me and the greeen ogre whatsoever. Recently though Camden has been my self esteem booster. He will randomly tell me with the sweetest smile on his face, "Mom you're beautiful", or "you look so pretty today Mommy", or "you look pretty, but you look really pretty when you put that purple stuff on your eyes." Camden, I love you! Thanks for being so sweet to your Mommy!

6 comments:

Ashley said...

What a sweetheart! And just to reassure you, there is absolutely positively no resemblence between you and Shrek! ;)

Danny and Darcie said...

How sweet Shy, he is such a little sweetheart!!

Debbie said...

That is so funny! I am still laughing. Boys can be so super sweet, but blunt at the same time. At least you were compared to someone who is loveable and fun. I was watching a show with my kids and the teacher was crazy and moody. My kids said she acts like me! Great...

Katie Evans said...

First of all---You DO NOT resemble anything close to Shrek! I cute of him to be such a sweetie! Miss you.

Adrie Peterson said...

Shyla,
This was super cute! And NO, you do not look like Shrek!! Your Camden is one cutie-patootie, and we are glad we know you all.

Stacie said...

Hey Shyla, I love your blog! I just found your link...it was sent to my spam.

You have such a darling family. I can't believe how much Hadlee looks like you...it's so cute!