Words to live by

"Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future." Gail Lumet Buckley

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Feeling the LOVE

We really had a great Valentine's weekend! The kids and I spent all day Friday the 13th preparing Scott's Valentine surprise. We had decided that it would be fun to have a fancy dinner and dance. So we made Valentines, decorations, set the table complete with candles, then got to work making dinner. We served bacon wrapped chicken stuffed with Swiss cheese, a side of asparagus potatoes, and salad. YUM! Hadlee and Camden wanted to serve, so I plated up the food and the kids served it. They came to the table with little white notepads and informed us of the 'special of the day'. They even poured our Martinelli's and didnt' spill a drop! After our lovely dinner, we danced! The kids insisted that Scott and I have the first dance then Camden said, "Can I dance with Hadlee now?" "Had, let's do it just like Mom and Dad!" So they danced kiss and all! It was the cutest thing! Poor Kael had fallen asleep before dinner, but did wake up in time to do some dancing in his underwear! Scott taught Hadlee the Waltz while I danced with the boys. We had a fabulous time! I hope this is the beginning of a fun family tradition!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Adorable! What a great idea to have the kids serve you dinner. Talk about warm fuzzies all over. You are such a good mom. I will have to make that a family tradition too!