The kids and I learned a new word on Friday...Huzzah! We spent the day at the Utah Renaissance Festival. It was a good time! We saw a puppet show and a Magic show, belly dancers, a musician playing the lute, Queen Elizabeth, knife juggling, and most exciting a jousting competition. Huzzah is the word we used as we cheered on our knight, Sir Jason, the one with the blue feathers in his helmet, in the competition. He won, so we must have done our job.
I let the kids each pick out a souvenir, the boys picked swords and Hadlee wanted a parasol. The kids had a great time! My favorite was the jousting competition, Hadlee's was the juggling, Kael's was getting his sword, and Camden's was the belly dancers. Should I be worried???
The kiddos couldn't be content to just go to the festival, they wanted to dress up. So, we rummaged through the house Friday morning trying to throw together what we could. I must admit, I think it was a success! They look pretty good! Hadlee wasn't very happy about the shoe choice, but it was comfort or blisters, so we chose comfort!
We were all very tired by the end of the day, but it was time well spent!

7 comments:
Nice work on the outfits. I am impressed you could find at that the morning of going! That sounds like a fun activity!
You are such a good mom! Looks like a great time!
How fun! That is soooo funny that Camden's favorite part was the belly-dancers! I laughed! He's becoming such a "Man"!! :) Nice job with the outfits!
shy the kids look adorable!! I am sorry that I missed it!
That sounds like fun. Especially the dress up part. The outfits look great.
Kale! So cute Sleepy
I'm super impressed that you were able to round up those awesome outfits!! Seriously. awesome.
And I have a word for you...
ACHOO! Lyndon is STILL fake sneezing about 20 times a day! He still thinks it's just about the funniest thing has ever done or heard. So yeah, we think of Hadlee a lot around here!
Post a Comment