Words to live by

"Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future." Gail Lumet Buckley

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Once there was a SnOwMaN

So, the last time we really got dumped with snow, the kids wanted to go outside with Scott while he was shoveling all that white stuff. I thought, good, I can get something done in the house, maybe the dishes, some laundry, mop the floor, oh wait, I think I really needed to check my email or something that required sitting on the couch, I think I even enjoyed a cookie, or two.
But then I got the invitation to come outside and build a snowman. At first I was reluctant, do you know how much work it takes to build a snowman??? Ah, but how much longer are they gonna want ME to build a snowman with them? So, here is our version of Frosty...isn't he cute?


In the sun he melted...small, small, small...All our hard work in a heap!

2 comments:

Adrie Peterson said...

This is too cute! Love the melted picture...what a great comparison for the song!

Taunya Spaulding said...

brr! that looks cold! you're a good sport for going out there and building a snowman with your cute little family! I really wish we could see more of each other! miss ya! love ya!